Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's

Valentine's is something Jeremy and I really never made a big deal of. We have not been the couple who makes sure we go out on Valentine's, usually a card will suffice. In our nine years together I have gotten flowers from Jeremy twice. Which is fine with me, they die shortly afterwards....I prefer more creative gifts....and he usually pulls through on those.

This year he out did himself. If there is one thing I love to indulge myself in, that is a massage. I think my grandmothers spoiled me by rubbing my back when I was little and I never got over it. This year, being that I am having difficulty reaching my toes to paint them (you know its bad, when your husband tells you that you need to paint them!!!) and I love a message he got me a day at the spa!!! So tomorrow, I am going to take my mental health break and pamper myself with a mani/pedi/facial and massage.

Now I didn't forget him. I love to shop for cards and found one very fitting for the time right now. I also cooked. It was edible and no one went to the hospital with food poisoning. I made Thai Noodles once with chicken and then with shrimp. I was proud of myself when Jeremy asked if I could make it again. The kitchen is still in one piece and I did not burn it down....I would say mission accomplished.

No comments: