If you don't live in the town of Bolton or near, you might not have gotten the Bat Signal the other night, but we had a nice little trial run with Baby Hutchinson and his/her arrival.
In a nutshell I need to slow my rear down and take it easy!!! I really didn't realize how much I had done that day until I really sat down and thought about it...so here is the rundown...
I got up Thursday morning and dropped Amelia off at school and went to spin like I have been doing, left there and went to get my tag renewed....last day of the month, perfect time to go right???? Decided I needed to finally paint the beside table for the nursery...got the table gathered supplies and while in Clinton, decided to pick up little bit b/c she has had this nasty cough for about week that wouldn't go away. Schedule her a doctors appointment and headed that way. Got her Priss taken care of (which is great b/c she sounds terrible and we cashed in the antibiotic for what the Dr. said was the beginning of Bronchitis yesterday) and stopped by the grocery store to get stuff to make cake pops for Priss to take to school on Friday for her birthday!
As I was pushing the cart I noticed that I was a having a few contractions, nothing major, I mean hello....its the giant car buggie with a 34 lbs kid in it and groceries!!! Oh did I mention I had to sprint to car carrying Priss in the rain from the doctors office. Yeah....things were not looking up. Anyway, get home and start making the cake pops. Contractions start getting harder and harder and closer together. I sit down for a while, that helps some but they are still coming just at 10 -15 minute intervals instead of the 5 when I stand up. This goes on for over two hours....I am all about waiting it out. I finally decided to call the Dr after taking a nice warm bath....and still having them.
Guess what they told me....."why don't you come on in....we want to monitor you through the night and see whats going on" Interpretation....if they don't stop you get to have a baby. If they do stop you get a night with no sleep.
After situating Amelia, getting gas, going back to the house to get my purse we finally got to the hospital. Long story short, the contractions slacked off around midnight and I finally relaxed around the wee hour of 2 am after something to help me sleep. Apparently I had a few more throughout the night, but I could tell you....I was out with whatever they gave me. We got to see my doctor Friday morning and we decided to wait to Monday and let this little one bake a few more days.
I, however am to take it easy and keep my feet up and rear sitting down as much as possible. Which is not as easy as it sounds. So here is to my last few days of chillin on the couch or by the pool....I can have my feel propped up in both places....right???
No comments:
Post a Comment