Tuesday, March 27, 2012

29 Weeks


How Far Along: 29 Weeks 2 Days


How Big is Baby: Size of a Butternut Squash and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and weighing in between  2.5 to 3.8 pounds
 
 
Weight Gain: So I really haven't gotten on the scales since my last Doctor's visit over two weeks ago.   I was kinda dreading it...23 lbs so not to bad.  

Sleep: After having a week off and then going back to work sleep came easier, still having issues with my legs at night wanting to jump around and then having to go to bathroom 14 million times.   This little booger is camped out SOOO low it isn't even funny!!!


Best moment this week: I celebrated my 31st birthday Sunday....well Friday, Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed a wonderful weekend just hanging out and playing.   Jeremy also arranged a surprise dinner with the family after I thought everyone was not going to make it!!!  He and Amelia picked out a beautiful David Yurman pearl ring to match my necklace and FABULOUS pink hat for the beach!

 
Food Cravings: Back to cold water and Gatorade.   Cannot get enough of it.


Foods I Can't Stand: Still not fond of any type of seafood


Movement: Baby Hutch has been getting the hiccups alot here lately...Jeremy was able to feel them the other night, along with the rolling and punching/kicking this booger is doing.   This kiddo is super active in the morning and early evening....


What I miss:  I laughed and told Jeremy I think I finally realized I was pregnant last week. Things have started to get difficult, like putting on shoes and bending over,  the
uncomfortable sleeping positions, and heartburn ( I keep tums in my desk drawer and my students just laugh at me when I take them) and I officially was busted waddling the other day!!!

What I am looking forward to: Ready for it to be warm enough for the pool....look out this sexy body is getting in a bathing suit!!!  HA!!! 


Milestones: Still able to run...if that is what you want to call.  Yes... I consider this a milestone.  Lugging 23 extra pounds on a 3 mile run has its challenges.


Working on My Fitness: My Week consisted of walking 3-4 miles 4 days with the family, and then my birthday present to myself was a 5K run Saturday.   I ran almost all of it...it had a few large hills and I walked two of them.   Finished it in 31:20 and 6th in my age group.   Woohoo!!!
 
 
Other updates:  Went back to the Dr on Monday.  I don't think I will ever schedule an appointment that late in the day again.   My brain was fried after being at school all day.   Forgot to ask the heart beat...but it was beating strong.   Did not get a platelet count, but found out a few more details.   As of last appointment I was at 100K.  They will do levels in two weeks.   The magic number is 75K.   The anesthesiologists do not like to do a spinal or epidural once they get below 75K.  However, if they do go below that I will be able to take a steroid treatment to bust them up (and more than likely my ass too) but that will not occur until closer to delivery.   If the platelets go below 75K and do not come up with the treatment I will have to do general anesthesia with a c-section.   I asked and there is nothing I can eat, drink, do/not do to keep them from dropping.  So please say a prayer that they stay above or around 75k.

No comments: