Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's All Fun and Games Until....

I almost forgot to post on this, but it honestly is just to funny/gross not to....

Amelia wanted to camp out.   Well being the good Mommy I try to be, but not the super outdoorsman, I came up with a wonderful solution!   Lets just camp out in your room.  Sounds boring right....well it is until we pull out the air matress and flashlights and PRESTO...instant "girls" camp out!!! 

Now, lets flashback to early in the evening when we went to eat Mexican.   That sweet little girl I was camping out with ordered a sprite....a rather large sprite was brought to the table and in the confusion of feeding the little man and inhaling my dinner I must have missed the she gulped down all 42 freaking ounces!!!

Fast Forward....Camp out set up, air mattress blown up, books read, girl talk taken care of and ready for bed.   We crashed about 10:00....that is late at our house these days.   Anyway I woke up around 2:30 soaking wet.   My first thought was....seriously...did I drink to much water and wet the bed!!! and then I remebered the sprite!!!  Now let me explain air mattress 101.  Heavier person sinks....lighter person stayers higher.....liquid flows down....get the point.   Miss Priss was high and dry and me, well not so much.    I was soaking wet with PEE.   Yep, camping is all fun and games til Mom gets peed on !!! 

I got up, woke Jeremy up, he took care of the still dry, except for her panties, (she never even woke up) while I scrubbed and showered in the middle of the night!

Needless to say....we are very aware of the amount of sprite a certain little person consumes these days and not sure if we will be doing any camping any time soon.

2 comments:

The Howards said...

Oh bless you! What a good momma you are. Next camp out may need to include your own air mattress just in case.

Jess said...

Oh no!! too funny though...!