Thursday, April 26, 2012

We have a date!

So I cruised back to the baby Doctor yesterday with the Bad News Bears in tow.   I was having an ultra sound done to check the position so Jeremy and Amelia tagged along. 

Amelia missed her nap at daycare and apparently her Daddy needs one during this time of day, so they were quite a pair!  After visiting the restroom 14 times (for Amelia, not me) we finally made it back.   Amelia was very interested at first, looking at the face and arms and feet, but then noticed the strange green gooey junk on my tummy.   She wanted to know why they were painting my belly with that.   She did however proudly carry all of the pictures of her "baby brother/sister" around the entire visit!

After the ultra sound we made our way upstairs to the doctor.  Jeremy felt it necessary to pass some lethal gas in the small room while we waited and Amelia wanted to hide behind the changing curtain....I really don't blame her!

The doctor came in and reviewed ultrasound results.   Every thing looked good, however they are monitoring a small issue with the bladder, and will follow up with an ultrasound in two weeks.  He said these are fairly common and nothing to worry about.   Still any prayers would be nice. 

The baby is locked, loaded and in position.   I have feet kicking me in my ribs and a head and hands dancing on my bladder.   Sounds like fun huh???  He/She is weighing in at approximately 4.8 lbs.  

Speaking of weight.   I am not sure how it happened but in the 2 1/2 weeks since I last went to the doctor I only gained 1 lbs.   Seriously!!!  Eating has been like a hobby to me....I am sure all that food is going to show up soon!  The scale said 23 lbs which is less that last time, but on my count I am at 24 lbs total.

We set the date for the csection for June 4th....sound vaguely familiar.   Amelia's birthday is June 3rd.   HA!!! So unless I go into labor, we will have back to back birthdays.  

We will do a platelet count in two weeks and see how those guys are hanging.  They went up last time, so hopefully they have stayed the same of gone up.  

And we keep chugging along......

1 comment:

Cortney said...

New baby's birthday, Amelia's birthday and then Cortney's birthday! It's perfect!