Thursday, August 12, 2010

Deer in the Headlights

So you would think I would not be nervous about starting a new job teaching kids since I have been doing for awhile now, but haha....WRONG.   Its like being a freshman, or sophomore, new kid on the block etc... good thing I started my day off today with 27 other sophomores who had more of a deer in the headlight look than I did.  

Actually my day went great.   I had my roll for homeroom...that was it.   And my day still went great!  I will be teaching Employment English and Career Prep and have anywhere from 3 - 11 kids per class.   I am looking forward to the year and the new experience this will be.  

I will return tomorrow....hopefully to have more of a schedule.  I sure know those 27 sophomores I have in homeroom will surely hope to have their schedules fixed and maybe together we all won;t have such that "deer in the headlight" look.

4 comments:

Dorminey Days said...

You're a fantastic teacher, and your students are lucky to have you. I'm sure HHS is missing you right now. Good luck with your new job!

The Howards said...

I am so glad your first day went great!! So you aren't teaching SPE anymore?!

Paige said...

I am teaching SPE. I am doing occupation diploma stuff.

Amanda Pair said...

Happy back to school week (a week late!). We miss you guys.