Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Blueberry Monster

Amelia has a new favorite fruit, blueberries.   She likes the so much she will pick them and eat the straight from the bush.   Famer Mellon has done extremely well this year with all his fruis and veggies.   We have had okra, squash, peas, watermelon and canteloupe from the garden and now blueberries.  

Amelia on the other hand is not exactly the biggest help when it comes to picking.  She does more eating.  Hence the video (sorry about the Blair Witch style video)


We have to keep the bucket off the ground so she doesn't eat all that we have picked.   Again, she is quite the greedy little piglet.  


See I told you she knew which ones to pick…



And aren’t they pretty??? Oh and really, really good too!!!



Pops was telling her all about the blueberries and helping Amelia pick


And check out that belly in the pic above...I think I know where all the blueberries are going???


And Woo, well, she was not much help in the effort. She just kept feeding Amelia the blueberries. Just kidding, she did her fair share of picking, too.


Needless to say, we have enjoyed homemade blueberry cobbler and and keeping or fingers crossed on some blueberry muffins.  

1 comment:

Jennrob said...

Oh my goodness. She is just precious! Her eyes are gorgeous! I love the video. Grandparents have the fun job! They just get to keep giving and giving, no disciplining. When my dad walks in the room, Jack's entire world disappears except for "gan-dad."