Sunday, October 11, 2009

Real World Called this Weekend...Don't Like It

They say when it rains it pours or its comes it three and I am sure there is some other funny saying, but I don't want to hear it. This past week has brought about a bite of some sort that I had to have lanced and packed(gross I know) pain meds made me sick...had to stop taking them....no fun. Jeremy got the swine flu...no fun. Amelia is doing fine....getting a tooth...no fun.

Done with that....on a fun note. Amelia and I made the third of four trips to Mississippi this weekend to go to Darla, my roomie from college's, wedding. What a wedding it was. The groom's friends formed a band "The Best Men" just for the occasion. The menu consisted of a Southern Buffet - Fried Chicken, Smothered Pork Chops, Green Beans, Butter Beans, Turnip Greens, Potato Salad, Green Salad, Corn Bread and French Bread....delicious!!!! And for those who judge a wedding by the bar....this one lived up!!! Jeremy was very sad he did not get to attend. Me, I like the cake. Lets just say, this wedding cake topped all wedding cakes I have ever eaten.



She had Chocolate Torte, Queen Hookers Pound Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Strawberry Cake, Blueberry Tart Cake, Butter Cream Cake...kinda feel like Forrest Gump. Maybe there was a reason Darla and I never lost much weight even though we regularly exercised?


Amelia did not go to the wedding. She stayed with Granny D and Papa Marvin. Her stay was much more interesting as you can see. She was by no means neglected and we are still working on unspoiling her!


Amelia and Papa Marvin checking out the Animals on the front porch



Next they headed to the Barn. She loved the dogs.

Apparently she has more of a love for horses than I do. Or maybe she will have better luck.


Helping Granny D feed the horses.




Hanging out in the Barn with Papa Marvin and Granny D. Love the hat!!!




1 comment:

Amanda Pair said...

good grief at all of those cakes! I'd be in heaven...