Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fruits and Veggies and No Idigestion....YES!!!!

Today was Amelia's 4 month check up. We have a monster on our hands....14 lbs 12 oz!!! 25 inches long!!!! Big Girl is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. She is doing great reaching developmental milestones and is such a happy baby! She did get her shots today- no fun. A much better trade off was the intro to REAL food. She gets to start eating fruits and veggies. Now call me mother of the year for my reasoning on why I started her off with sweet potatoes (Jeremy likes sweet potatoes, I like sweet potatoes, I bet she might like sweet potatoes....so we started with sweet potatoes.) I will be excepting my award next week! She did really well. We managed to keep the food around her mouth and get a little up her nose. I think that was not bad for a first try.

She really likes to be involved in her eating.
Second go round was much better! She did spit them when she giggled.
Mom and Dad had a HUGE milestone tonight. We went out to eat (because we haven't been to the grocery store in a month) and ate our meal. Yes, I said we ate, not inhaled our meal. Amelia slept the entire time we ate!!!! Insert hallelujah chorus!!! No tums, Maalox's or Rolaids needed!!!
Jeremy also got to talk to Adam today who is stationed in Iraq. He was doing great. He was amazed at the phone service. Adam said to tell everyone hello!

No comments: