- Sleep...doesn't exist anymore. And if it does it is in short increments.
- Baby gear is complicated. All the gadgets come with confusing straps, crazy scary looking animals that attach and are there to "soothe" the baby and you pretty much need an engineering degree to assemble and work most of it.
- Diapers. Holy Cow...to everyone who gave us diapers as a shower gift...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am amazed at how many we go through. Also, they have a weight category on the side, I am beginning to wonder if that is the baby's weight or the amount the diaper will hold!
- Bumbling Idiots. That is what you turn into. I find myself singing, dancing and making up songs to make Amelia laugh, smile or just stop crying !!! This is either a parental instinct or it goes back to the lack of sleep.
- Piles of Clothes. Again, amazing how many items of clothing something so little can go through in one day.
- Interesting Smells. Whether its spit up or gas....HOLY COW...some of the odors that come out of such a little person are awful. They REALLY should be coming out of a much larger person.
- Unconditional Love. No matter how many times she cries, pees on me, poops on me, spits up on me I still love her.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
What I Have Learned About Parenting So Far...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're a Mommy!!! Enjoy every second!
Isn`t being a parent a blast.Sounds like everything is going pretty much like normal. Love, Dad
Post a Comment