Are all we really need for the Nursery to be complete. We have been working hard the past few days to finish things up. I have taken off a few days from work and spent some time just getting things together. Mom came over Sunday and helped me "nest". We decided that it was pretty difficult for me to clean the tub. It is fairly deep and the last time I cleaned it (two weeks ago) I felt like a turtle on my back! I am sure I looked like one as well.
Mom helped clean and straighten things up while I ran a few errands....it was a huge help.
So the nursery is coming together. We swapped the changing table and crib to opposite walls and bought new blinds and shelves to put up. We also got a few odds and ends (trash cans, hamper, storage bins) and washed all the clothes.
It only took 3 months of looking, but this is one of the materials I picked out. It was difficult finding a material I liked that was not to gender specific, yet sweet and babyish. The bed skirt will be arriving shortly. My friend Jamey's grandmother is finishing it up. She made the curtains as well. We do lack the panel for the other window (I forgot I had two windows in the room).
Here are the new blinds and curtains. Also, you will notice the green shelf has moved again. I think we have moved it 50 times. I think we are going to keep it here.
For those of you who worry about me....this is the outfit for the baby to go home from the hospital. It has been washed and ironed. Yes, I can iron. I have a sweet blanket that goes with it. We have yet to pack our bags for the hospital. Maybe we should since I only have 3 1/2 weeks left.
As you can see we still need curtains for this window. They will be here soon. We bought the floating shelves for knick knacks and other items. I really like how the picture frame sits on the top shelf. Now, all I need are pictures to put in it!
Again, these are the shelves we bought. As you can see we have several stuff animals and a large frame. If you click on the picture, you can read what it says....it is priceless. Also, I received the cutest piggy bank, and of course the pink jelly cat!
As for the Baby Hutchinson update. I went to the doctor again today. Iron levels are staying the same. My platelet count is back up and my blood pressure is hanging out in the medium range. I had taken Monday and Tuesday off to help get it back down. That seems to help. Interesting piece of info, the heartbeat has been at 155 on average except for 2 times. Today the heartbeat was at 136. Everything was still on track. I am now going on a weekly basis. It is hard to imagine that we are at the end. Although I am glad. Kinda getting to the miserable state. We are also really excited to meet this thing that has been kicking and poking me for the past few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment