Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Happy Place

As we crossed the bridge Friday night I started getting giddy.   I always do.   Its something about this place that makes me happy.  Its not fancy, kinda plain and boring, but that I think is what I like. 

Its always been a place where I have come with family, whether 20 of us in one house with 2 bathrooms for a week, a condo with the immeadiate family, or this trip with my little family.  Its just a place that you slow down and relax.

This weekend was no different....well except for the 15K I was running early Saturday morning.  On the way to the start line we laughed that I knew this course better than any course I had ever run.  We were right.   I had crossed that first bridge into gulf breeze, past the flashing fish sign, made the turn and headed over the tall bridge to my happy place to many times to count.  Today I  just used a different mode of travel.   It was a great run and I will do it again...maybe the wind will be at my back instead of in my face next time.  I finished in 1:40 which was completely fine with me.  Who am I kidding I am preggo and carrying an extra few pounds ;) 

The rest of the day we are spending relaxing at the hotel around the pool.  It is a beautiful day with partly cloudy skies and 75 degree weather.  Going to hit up a new restuarant tonight then head back tomorrow.  

Here are a few pictures from the trip.










1 comment:

Jess said...

Ahhh you're making me jealous! I wanna go to the beach! Congrats on the 15k and that time is great!