Monday, December 28, 2009

The Complete Rundown....

Mad Dash through Mississippi would be more like it!  We loaded up and headed out on Wednesday of last week and started the journey.  



We stopped at Jeremy's Aunt Susan's and Uncle Bruces for fireworks and bonfire.   We decided next year the children have to have name tags....I think there were only around 30!!!

 We finished the evening off at Granny D's and Poppa Marvin's house.  



We hung out there for the next day and had lunch with Marvin's mother.





After lunch we began making our way to Bolton.   We stopped by Papaw Shorty's and Granny Elouise's house for a visit.  



Amelia enjoyed her lunch in the high chair.  All of the Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren have used this chair! 




Bolton bound, we arrived just in time for a quick oranament swap with Kalee, Amanda and Mary Beth.  Kalee is preggo this year!!!  She is due in April.   I am so excited for her and Josh and so glad they are waiting to find out wht they are having!!!




We had our annual Christams Eve snow crab legs and hung out.  No Pictures of the food, but it was good!!! 

Christmas morning was spent at Woo and Pops.  Amelia loved her gifts, but the paper, bows and ribbons were the best part.   She wanted to eat everything. 



Lunch was at Nena and Grandy's with Mom's side of the family.   The grandkids played Dirty Santa this year.   It was lots of fun....can't wait to play again next year.    Maybe next year everyone will be a little meaner...

Here are the girls with there loot!




Oh!!! I almost forgot to mention the Wii.   Pops got a Wii.   It was a total surprise.  Mom went out on a limb....Lets just say that when we watched the news Sunday night, we had no idea of all the events that had taken place since Friday, because the TV had not been turned on.   We had been bowling, playing tennis, golf and even boxing.  


  
We forgot how competitive our family is.   I will not be surprised if next time we make the trip home, the furniture in the den is moved against the walls because Mom and Dad needed more room to play the Wii.   






We had a wonderful Christmas.   I enjoyed being around so many family and friends.   I took tons of pictures...so I got annoying!!!   Here is a link to all the pictures that I did not post.






2 comments:

Kimberly Simpson said...

The pix are great!!!! I am so proud of you taking so many!!! Welcome to the world of "mom's with camera's"!!!

Katherine said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas. We just got home from a quick trip to Bolton. I saw your mom in the choir loft, but didn't get to talk to her. That's so fun that your dad got a Wii. I love looking at all your pics. Amelia's so cute!