Thursday, December 4, 2008

Moving out of the Cave!!!

If I have talked to anyof you in the past month I am sure I have mentioned "the floors". It started out as a small project that would take maybe a week or two....nope the entire month of November. It involved moving all the furniture out of the living room, dining room and kitchen and putting it in the two spare bedrooms. We started by, and when I say we, the men we paid, ripping up all existing floors

All of this was done while Jeremy and I moved into our bedroom.....we also decided on a new dishwasher, so that put the kitchen out of commission...who is going to cook when they have to wash dishes by hand?

The floors were put down....almost done right? Nope they have to settle, this I forgot about and it took two weeks. Finally, we were able to choose a color and have them sanded and stained. Oh yeah, did I mention we had to evacuate the house for three days because of fumes. Even the cat had to spend a few days at the kitty hotel. Needless to say, it was worth the time and trouble. The floors look great. I am super thrilled to be living in the rest of the house now. I think the rest of the crew is as well.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Very nice...I like the color.